Thursday, November 03, 2005

We have recovered from our trip to Alaska, G at the house and colds for M and D. Glad I got my flu shot. The school gets on my back for not sending M to school and for two days they have sent her home.

I got a new oven, I got a new oven...Yeah! I hope they come to put it in Friday.
Old Republic has not saved any money on us. I'm glad I extended the home warranty. I just saved 1000.00.

It's first Monday here in Canton, I can't wait I need a cinnamon coated pecan fix.
Mom's friends are here, hope to see them too. I just love a good market. The weather is a bit windy, but the days should be nice, not too hot or too cool.

I was watching the trading spouces last night and I'm still bugged.
Get a bunch of hillbilly fundamentalist "christians" and they make fools of themselves.
They had great oppourtunities to show Gods love and teach the nation. But instead they acted like the pharroses (sp?) Jesus taught about.
I have looked, Jesus commanded us to love one another and to go out and teach all nations,
my bible doesn't say go out and rebuke all nations, look down your nose and throw a tempertantrum.

I just hate it when people say "I'm a christian" then show the world that they are mean hateful self-centered people. I'm not saying to embrace what you don't believe in, but to accept the people as humans that need to know God's love.

I guess it just boils down to you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

At one time being called a Christian meant something. As in trying to be Christ Like.
Or as simple as WWJD.

Anyway, enough ranting, almost time to get off work. Had a great day taking care of three babies. Weaned two and got one totally off the ventilator. A good days work. TTFN

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

MsPenni - thank you for stopping by my blog and it is very nice to meet you! I love your brother's writing and hope he gets something published soon!

Hope to hear more about that alaska trip, we really want to go there some day

6:10 AM  
Blogger grandma1 said...

First Monday was great this time. I'm just so tired from all the walking. Sorry we didn't get to go up on the mountain tonight. Billie and company ask me to tell you and D how much they enjoyed seeing you again. Billie was sorry she didn't get to see M.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home