Sunday, September 25, 2005

Last friday I got to go to the airport and transport evauee's from houston. Our hospital played host to a total of 39 kids. We got 6 in CVICU and friday we brought in 13 stable vented kids. I'm sure this by monday or tuesday they will all be back in Houston.
Well, we braced for a big storm, tied down what couldn't be brought in and brought in everything else. And we waited...and waited...mom and dad came over and we watched tv, and waited... and waited..., when we thought this is it, we got mom and dad ready to go home and the storm hit. It blowed some, and rained a nice steady rain.
M. played out in the rain while grandpa and dad wathched. The goats kept telling us to get inside. Then the power went out about 4pm. (our power goes out all the time, was surprised it lasted that long.) Finally, around 6:30, 7pm M and I went to mom and dads to watch tv, (they never lost power, they are on a different power grid.)
My power came back on around 3am.
No damage to anything in my area. We have had bigger gusts and more rain with a regular storm. We only go 1 inch of rain.
Glad to have it, and glad that it was so mild.

To all my friends and family we are all safe and sound. I may even have to mow the yard when I get back from Alaska.TTFN

3 Comments:

Blogger Aunty Pesty said...

Glad y'all are alright. E has been trying to get hold of S. Mom thought you would ask about the apples and she will send you and grandma some with peanuts. We took R to Dixon's and had some fun picnicked. R is sleeping right now. School has been going good. I have good grades so far and I am keeping them up as best as I can. We are watching golf and the football game. So far watching golf makes us want to go golf. Well tell M that we said hi and give her a hug for me. TTFN.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Grinny Granny said...

Yes, I told M I would have to send you some apples. They don't have any cider yet, and P really wanted some. But their apples are the greatest, we got two sacks. They used to be $8 a sack, now they're $12, but they're worth it. They just opened yesterday, so that's why they don't have any cider yet. By the time we left, they were really starting to get busy, lots of cars coming in. It was a nice drive up there and back. Glad y'all are OK. It didn't turn out to be much of a storm, did it? I think I'm going to get an apple. We'll send you some.

1:24 PM  
Blogger grandma1 said...

Just get ready to go Alaska and don't worry about anything here.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home