Thursday, September 22, 2005

What a contrast yeasterday was. I started out with 4 patients and the only one in CVICU (therapist.) and admitted 3 patients by 1pm. It reminded me to the old days at UNMH. It was great. I had to call for help just to go to lunch. I don't know if the nurses got a lunch, but I needed a break. After lunch I got to get a cup of coffee around 5pm. Wow the day went by so fast. I love being busy. I got everything done and had time to set up for evacuees from the texas coast. (We were getting 4 by midnight and possibly two more.)
Then, my new boss Mike stoped me and said he had been trying to talk with me all day. That comment made me a little concerned, but he laughed and said he was glad he found me every time he looked, in a pt room. Then he handed me an envelope with a card and 477.00 of cash.
Everybody in CVICU had donated money to help me pay my bills and for our trip to Alaska.
The second time in my life I was speachless. Mike said that he apprieciated all my hard work and that "we take care of our own." It took me so by surprise. Here I have been worring about missing so much work because of chemo and being sick. I don't know how I can ever thank everyone.
Praise GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Joanne made me fill out the papers to get emergency money from Childrens and that came this week, and now this. I now have mortgage, utilities and all the insurances. Yeah!!!!!
And I even have money for Alaska and to get ready for RITA.

Amazing, when I gave all this to God and walked away from worring. He took care of it.
If only I could always do that.
Note to self: Give it to God and walk away.

He does a better job than I do.

Well, Rita is going to hit us this weekend and I need to get ready for the flood and wind.
Tracy and the girls are her, but may go up to Arkasas to be with her family. Kevin is stuck down south, but they are evacuating by 6 pm. Hopefully, they don't get too damaged.
This is all a little scary.
Hope to write more later. TTFN

3 Comments:

Blogger grandma1 said...

TV is scaring me, am I taking this too lightly I did buy more batteries and you made me buy water. But what else, I haven't faced this is over 50 years.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Aunty Pesty said...

Well you co-workers seem really nice and caring. I would love to have a job like that and co-workers like that. I would really like to have a boss that appreciates me.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Grinny Granny said...

God does provide, doesn't he. Sometimes life is great and people will surprise you.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home