Monday, September 19, 2005

Well, today is a very long day. I still have nothing to do but play on the computor. Why they thought I needed to help on the 7th floor is beyond me. But, that's ok...I am making good money. Just wish it covered all the expenses.

Was reading a blog from some guy in washington being a want a be on capital hill.
He has no idea what a moderate christian is. He has this unrealistic view that if we legislate against abortion that no women would have one. He needs to grow up.
1. If a women wants to terminate a pregancey...she will one way or another.
we might as well do it safely and sterilly. Why waist the fetus? Use it to further medical science. This is not the dark ages. Our Medical community doesn't have to go grave dig to get knowledge.
I would never have an abortion, I love babies, would have had 10, but I just couldn't live on the government, (I tend to be a little type A personality), so I raised one and had one of my own.
But I work in hospitals, I've seen the neglect by parents who should not be parents. I have tried to save fetus' that needed to go to heaven. (22 to 27 week gestation is just not enough time to develope.)
2. Prayer in school. My question is what prayer and by whom?
I went to public school. In the fourth grade I played the violin. One of my fellow violinist was Jewish, she could not play "Christmas" tunes. She played everything and sat out on the christmas tunes. For me it was no big deal. I felt sorry for her. Christmas songs are fun.
In Junior High I had a New Age teacher. I'm not sure about her gods.
In high school I had an atheist teacher. He had no god to pray to.
I learned how to pray when I was young. No one ever said Penni thou shalt not pray in school.
If I had a test, you better believe I prayed before I took it. I prayed in school all the time. Did I stand up and do it for show? NO. The only one who knew was God. Although, I have always been a hummer, I would sing or hum "church" songs. I even listened to the christian radio station. Most of my friends were also christians.
It was bad enough to have to sit still and read for 20 min everyday. In the USA there are too many religions, cultures, and agnositics to put prayer in school.
This country was founded on religious freedom. With that freedom, I would object to my daughter being forced to pray at school. I would have to approve of the prayer first. It's my job to teach her to pray, we do it every night. Religous education needs to start at home or at church, not public schools.

At work, I pray. If I take care of a child that is dying, or I'm worried about, I pray. The family, my co-workers, my boss, they don't need to know. It's between my God and me. My moto to my families, no mother cries alone and I pray that everyone of my babies goes to heaven and rejoices in a new body.

Just another soap box by a MODERATE christian. TTFN

1 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Glad to see you up and about feeling better. Ruth just called wanting to check in on Mom, have her e-mail or check her blog. I gave her Mom's blog, but she wasn't too sure about it. I don't think I have Mom's new phone # yet. Keep telling those self-righteous nitwits a piece of your mind.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home