Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Just came back from Alaska. Beautiful country!
Tried to put in a picture, but I guess I don't know how.
Will post photos when I read how to put on my blog.

D and I flew into Seattle with an 6 hour layover. So we went down to Pike Market place.
Yeah!! I got to see the guys throw fish to each other. (Saw them on the Food network.)
Walked through the market and saw beautiful flower, art and stuff. We then went to the pier and ate the best fresh fish. Seattle was a cool 44 to 65 degrees sunny day. Then we were off the Fairbanks.

After some much needed sleep, we were off to site see.
We saw an old Gold dregger, walked around and had a bite to eat. Went to see the pipeline.
Saw the sites of Fairbanks. Went to the NorthPole Alaska, and Santa's house. I got a great T-shirt that says, "I'm on Santa's good list." (Santa wasn't there but we took pictures in his chair.) We went out side and saw one of his retired Raindeer. It was a lot of fun.
Later we went to the musem at U of A and saw the culture of Alaska.

One day we drove to Denali national park, It was overcast so we only saw parts if Denali (Mt McKinley) The best part of the whole trip was my three bears. We were driving thru the park and people were stopped by the road looking accross to the river. We were driving down a hill when I said "Bear!!" We stoped and watched three grissley bears a mom and 2 almost grown cubs eating something. They were about 1/4 mile from us. (have pictures) It was great.

We also went to the Chena Hotsprings and had dinner, in fact we ate very richley.
We had raindeer sausage, king salmone, king crab, muskox, prawns the size of a med lobster, and pie. On my last night we went looking for the nights lights , but alas they were not out. But, we finially did see the alussive Moose, and her baby. It took 600 miles of travel all over Alaska to see them, but I finally got to see the Moose.
I saw, Grissly bears (close enough for me, and still save), sled dogs, grouse birds, Raindeer, Carabu and Moose.
I ate, king salmone, king crablegs, Prawns, raindeer, and muskox.

Had a great time, but time travel is very hard on a body.

P.S. Greekshadow, THANKS FOR THE APPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a great suprise when I got home.
I

1 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

Glad you had a wonderful trip. After all the exotic food up there, a few apples should top it off.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home