Thursday, September 01, 2005

My heart goes out to all the victims of Katrina.
I fixed a wonderful meal last night, when we sat down, I looked at the food on my plate and almost cried. I Thanked God for the food on our table, the clothes in our closets, the house over our head and the running water. We as a family, prayed for all those who can no longer take for granted the basic neccesity of food, clothes, home and water.

The distruction is overwhelming. I just pray that the survivors can hold on a little while longer, the wheels of the rescue train take a while to get started. Help is on the way.
I see the cries for help and my heart aches. I wish I had a plane or balloon to fly over and drop bottles of water.

I really question the rational of rebuilding a city inside a bowl surounded by water. Can it not be rebuilt somewhere else? Do these survivors really want to rebuild and go back to what they had? At this point you can never go back, it will never be the same, now is the time to look forward. To decide, where do you want to go? What do you want to do? Do you just want to be a pawn, sitting around waiting for someone to tell you what to do, or where to go?

To all the survivors, you have survivied, you did it, now decide what you want out of life. You can go anywhere and do anything, take charge of your life. Meditate, pray and look to the government and neighbors for guidance, but do something. Healing comes from doing something not sitting around.
If you have ever had surgery, the first thing you do is get out of bed and walk. It helps with breathing, circulation and digestion. Now I don't expect everyone to do this today, but after the basic needs of water, food, clothing, showers, and sleep, start praying and working on a plan.

Sometimes you have to take one second at a time, later you can take one day at a time.
Know that you are in my prayers, and will be for many months.

4 Comments:

Blogger grandma1 said...

You can only feel sorry for the surviors and pray for them. I still can't understand why they didn't leave when they had time to leave.

Our electricity was out today we spent part of it at your house. A wreck in front of what a burger took out all of the village.

I made the mistake of trusting another beauty operator. She talked like she could fix my hair. Oh well, the hair cut isn't bad but I am now a burnet. She wouldn't change it because she said my hair was in too bad a condition. I told her that before I booked the appointment. I quess I'm over 60 so I am stupid.

6:49 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

As Bruce says on his blog they will rebuild, if Fema exists, but it won't help the poor who were stranded, they will have to move out, most likely Atlanta, Dallas, Houston will get the welfare refugees. There is going to be as big a fight over them as over illegal aliens coming up.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Grinny Granny said...

Yes, from all the reports I have seen, it's a very desperate situation over there. And there are going to be so many repercussions. I don't want to sound like doom and gloom, but the picture isn't pretty. But recovery and starting over will come, in time. It's unfathomable the pain, suffering and hurt, but the human spirit is strong. Wish we could come visit again. We're kind of tied down here for a while. Keep in touch!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Aunty Pesty said...

Well it is nice to see you blogging. I feel for them too. Sad stuff like this shouldn't happen if Bush just get out of Iraq and stop supplying all the money we could be spending on the relief effort, but it is going to Iraq. I am glad that the weekend is here, but I need to stay busy lately. I guess that I have gotten used to being at school and working a lot. R is being a pest to me again and I wish that I had those days back where he would be the last thing to bug me during the day. Have you seen that SIRUIS has a channel for the Rolling Stones like the All-Elvis channel for this month?

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home