Saturday, December 31, 2005

It's the end of another year. Hoped to be in remission by now, but the cancer had other plans. I will be on Doxil for awhile. Had one month of Taxol and all my hair fell out. "Hair across Texas..." It has now come back, not very long, I do try to poof it, but my husbands not to crazy about it when I try to be creative. I would love to bleach my hair white if I could look like Annie Lennox. I just love her music. My husband wants me to look more feminine I guess.

Went to OK and had a fabulous time at my neice's wedding, It was beautiful, fun and a great festive time. E and R came, talked E into going back to Albu. with my bro for a while. Hope he thinks very hard about going back to D. (She is prego with another guys baby, and they are not divorced yet. drama,drama, drama.)
Went to Alaska this year. More pictures to come. That was beautiful. Started construction on the shed to turn it into a small apartment for mom-in-law.

My goats had 5 babies (4 living) and we had to burry Sam the billy. He was a bad billy, he wouldn't stay in his yard, and he was abusive to his kids. Just got another 6month old billy. I hope this scrawnee little billy can hold his own until he's billy enough for the girls. Right now it looks like he's on the bottom of the pecking order. (Must be last to be first?)
I couldn't believe how they treated him. They just tied his back feet to one front foot and carried him like a suitecase when they put him in my car. I broke my heart. I lifted him out of my car and carried him to the hose to wash off the bird poop and clean him up a bit before I introduced him to the pack. My goats are very spoilt, I treat them like pets, they are named, groomed, loved (if they will let me) and fed bits of chips, crackers, carrots and stuff. So far Grey, one of the babies still wont get to close, and now this new one he's scared to death. (Goats HATE water.) Oh well, he will get used to me in the long run if he wants treats.

Work has gone well this year. They have really worked with my schedule and my being off for chemo and they even helped alot with finances and gifts. I'm so glad I work for a group that has taken care of me. I don't what I would do if they didn't. Most of my kids have done well this year. Not all have done as well as I'd hoped and 5 or 6 have died. (Only 2 did I get close to.)
I try not to get too close, but sometimes I just fall in love with them and thier families. I've made some good work friendships this year, and I'm trying to get to know some of the families in Canton.
I'm going to miss Kathy, my next door neighbor, I was hoping we could keep each other going for a while. M. is going to miss the girls, they have gone to live with thier other grandparents.

My year has been about Chemo, Goats, C. getting married, my family, construction, and mostly work. I feel like most of my life is centered around work.

Blessings this year: My daughter. My husband. I have a good job. My cancer is under control. I have 9 goats, 2 cats and one beta fish named Red.

Happy New Year and DON'T DRINK and DRIVE!!!! (Unless you are an organ donar.)

1 Comments:

Blogger grandma1 said...

It has been a very busy year but we have survied it. We just have to keep having chemo and hoping for the best.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home