Saturday, August 13, 2005

August 13, 2005
Well, I have just joined my internet connected family. We may all be scattered across the USA, but we are as close as the computor in the living room.

I just finished reading my friends "pathwaytorecovery.com" blog about what she is going thru.
Decided maybe I need to right about my journey in this land of cancer.

It's very strange to be very healthy, taking care of sick people to being "sick."
I never felt ill, sick or in pain. I just wanted to get my annual check up out of the way and get no baby pills. When my primary found something suspicious I figured it was just a cyst. Boy was I wrong. When I was the MRI and the mass was the size of a small cantalope I knew it was cancer.

Cancer...
...couldn't be me!! I'm too young, I have too much to do. I don't have time for this.
Okay, had the surgery, had the six months of phase 1 chemo. Ca125 258 down to 34.
Three months of getting back my life. Ca125 going up, more ct scans, and more chemo.
The cancer is still growing. Ca125 up to 158. So, I keep going on chemo.
Monday I get dose number 2 of Doxil. It's not so bad, makes me tired, Melaluka keeps the mouth sores away, and my hair has stopped falling out. The thing I hate the most is I can't have salsa. The ity bity Wally world finially got NM salsa, and I can't have it. This is just not fair. I have had to give up greenchili cheese bagals, real chili renos, and green chili cheese fries when I moved to texas, but to have to give it all up is just not right!!!
Just went and picked up Michelle from preschool camp out. She is getting ready for kindergarten. Time sure does fly. I can't believe she's going to school. She meet her teacher yesterday, so she say's she's ready. I'll probaby cry all the way to Dallas after we drop her off. Wish I could be there to pick her up, but I'll still be getting chemo.
I don't know what I would do with out my mom and dad, they have really saved me this past year. They have taking care of me through all this cancer mess.
I worked yeasterday, so I had better go clean house. TTFN


5 Comments:

Blogger P M Prescott said...

So glad to hear from you. Look what Bruce started! Tell me what you think of my story so far, Mom doesn't like my last chapter.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Aunty Pesty said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. When ever I don't have homework or chores or watching R. Hope the chemo is going ok. Talk to you later.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Grinny Granny said...

Welcome! You're right! We're just as close as the computer. I'm going to have to blog a little more often than I have been just to keep up with everybody. If I'm not blogging, I'm playing games. Hope things are going as well as can be expected. We're all thinking about you. Now we need to work on Eddie. He seems to enjoy his job so far, should be getting his first paycheck early next week.

3:11 PM  
Blogger grandma1 said...

Finally you are online. I'll be there to Michelle up, I know it won't be like you but you will do it plenty of times.

I'm still packing and running out of room to put anymore boxes. I;m so anxious to get this move over with. I just wish it could be more permanet than I feel.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Aunty Pesty said...

I have thought about archaeology. E says hi and so does dad. Talk to you later. Say hi to Michelle for me.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home