Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I am back among the living. The past 5 days have not been good. I swear that when I had chemo this week, they slipped in the hard core chemo. I was so sick that my doc ordered steroids to get me thru it. It worked, I am at least out of bed and my bathrooms are clean.

D and I went on our first cruise. The ship, the ride and the whole experience was great.
Jamaica - the land and countryside was just beautiful. The people - they were overwhelming.
We took the Overland and Black river safari. They drive on the wrong side of the road, they go 50 to 60 miles per hour, and their road are narrow, and full of pot holes. They say "no problem", "ya man", and "ire man". It was scary on the ride, but the countryside was green, lush and all my house plants were growing wild along the road. That was sooo cool. I wish I could have brought plants home, but there was a ban on plants and flowers. When we got the river we saw three crocodiles, and lots of birds. We even saw a man in a home made canoe and he showed us his catch. Photos to come as soon as I get them off D's computor.

Then we saw the Butterfly Farm and beach of Grand Caymen. They drive on the wrong side of the road too, but they don't drive crazy. I have some great photos of the butterflys. Will try to up load some soon. I have a great photo of my "change of Lattitude" No beer, but I was drinking a fruit punch soda.

Cozumel was our great fun. We drove jeeps around the island and went to a Myan lighthouse ruin. Then we went on a mile long snorkal swim to the reef, we saw beautiful fish, and a sea turtle. They took up back to the real lighthouse and we climbed up the stair all the way up.
They feed up homemade real mexican fajitas with corn/wheat tortillas, boy was that a treat.

We had dinner with a great couple from Katie Tx. and we met so many fun and wonderful people. I hated to come home, but I did miss M. very much.

We loved it so much we bought a cruise vacation plan and we get two resort vacations too.
I 'm hoping to use one vacation resort for Disney world, I don't know about the other one.

Im going to try and post photos now.

TTFN

1 Comments:

Blogger Joan Rogers said...

Dearest Penni and family,

Remember me? Meri Rogers mother, Joan.

Seems like your family has been through some really rough times recently. I am so sorry to hear of Bill's death.

When you are all through doing the stuff you have to tend to now and can catch your breath, please let me know how things are going. I would love to hear from you and your mother. Sounds like she is having some health problems also.

I am living proof - it does get better. Never goes away, but gets better.

With love and prayers to the whole family - Joan

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home