Friday, May 19, 2006

This has not been a good month for me.
Chemo really got me this month, extreme fatigue, mouth sores and I re-arranged my schedule at work so I could have some days alone with my husband. I got sick. Then he got sick, MIL is sick and M is going to have PE Tubes placed next week.
Some months just need to be over. The MIL shed is still not done, the guy working on it is hardly working. I think everyone is just a little frustrated over the whole thing.

I'm going to take a two week break from Chemo just to get over this month and get M well.

I've been reading everyone's bloggs.
I think sometime after schools out and M is feeling better Grandma is going to take her to see Over the Hedge movie.

For the poor man that had to sell dope to pay for his wifes cancer treatment. It is a very sad commentary on our society that a loving man has to sell his soul to save his wife. If they are that poor why is she not fully covered by Medicaid? There needs to be some support for adults with catastrophic illnesses. There is a lot of money for children, but for adults there is nothing.
I guess it is only a matter of time before only the wealth will be able to afford Cancer treatments. I know that if I had not had insurance, we would not beable to afford my care.

Anyway gotta run: TTFN

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunty Pesty said...

I saw S yesterday and we went to an Isotopes game and boy it was hot. S wants you and M to come down here and see him and probably to go to the game. It was fun. I got a little sunburnt, but I am fine. Well enough babbling for me. TTFN.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home